|Name of Academy
|Olympic Academy of Ukraine (OAU)
Олімпійська Академія України
|Name of President
|Prof. Dr. Mariia BULATOVA
|Prof. Dr. Mariia BULATOVA
|20 September 1991
|Year of accession to EOA
|2018 (founding member)
|Social media links
History and projects
The Olympic Academy of Ukraine was established on September 20, 1991 as an independent non-governmental organization. It operates under the auspices of the NOC of Ukraine. Since 1999 up to now, the OAU has been headed by Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Full Member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Prof. Dr. Mariia Bulatova. Since 1992, 26 branches of the Academy have been actively operating in Ukraine.
The activities of the Olympic Academy of Ukraine are implemented in the following areas:
- Olympic education in higher educational institutions;
- Olympic education in general secondary and preschool education institutions;
- Scientific research work;
- Scientific and methodical support of educational work;
- Preservation of Olympic heritage;
- Cooperation with state authorities, educational, sports and public institutions;
- Cooperation with mass media;
- International cooperation.
To popularize the ideas and values of Olympism, the Olympic Academy of Ukraine has partner relations with many organizations. On the national level – the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine, the Ministry of Ukraine for Education and Science, the Ministry of Ukraine for Youth and Sports, the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences; the Ukrainian Academy of Pedagogical Sciences, the Institute for Modernization of the Content of Education, institutions of general secondary, higher and preschool education, Special Olympics Ukraine, National Sports Federations; internationally – International Olympic Academy, International Olympic Committee, Olympic Studies Centre (Lausanne), European Olympic Academies, European Olympic Committees, Pierre de Coubertin International Committee, International University Sports Federation (FISU), International Society of Olympic Historians (ISOH), and National Olympic Committees and Academies of more than 50 countries.
The Olympic Academy of Ukraine is located at the Olympic Study and Research Institute of the National University of Ukraine on Physical Education and Sport.
Regional and all-Ukrainian educational projects and programs of the Olympic Academy of Ukraine
- Scientific conferences, seminars, webinars for experts in the field of physical education and sports;
- Educational webinars for athletes, coaches, university students and secondary school students, the general public.
- Olympiad for university student youth: “Connoisseur of the Olympic movement”
- Olympiad in foreign languages “Olympic sport” (for students of specialized institutions of higher education).
- Annual practical seminars for teachers of educational institutions.
- All-Ukrainian network of Olympic education schools (312 schools).
- Competition for the best school of Olympic education.
- Olympic Lesson.
- Olympic Week.
- Quizzes “Connoisseur of Olympic sports” (for different age groups).
- Cultural and sports educational festival “Olympic Chick Stork ” (for schoolchildren).
- Do like Olympians.
- Olympic Lab project.
- Olympic Book.
- Olympic Summer.
- Preschool children Olympic Games.
- Olympic Dictation.
- Olympic Brain-ring.
- Project “Olympic Lounge”.
- Cultural and educational art project “Olympic movement through the eyes of children”.
- Competition for the best museum and office of Olympic education “Olympic heritage ignites hearts”.
Latest News of the Academy
- Leading the Way: Olympic Academy of Ukraine’s Flagship EndeavorsIn recent months, the Olympic Academy of Ukraine has been involved in several projects and events. Key member of “All-Ukrainian Forum: Healthy School – Healthy Community” The Olympic Academy of… Read more: Leading the Way: Olympic Academy of Ukraine’s Flagship Endeavors
- EOA Flame Award winners received trophiesAt the EOA Congress Vilnius on November 8, 2023, the delegates of the Olympic Academy of Ukraine and the Czech Olympic Academy were presented with the EOA Flame Awards trophies.… Read more: EOA Flame Award winners received trophies
- Winner of the EOA Flame Award Olympic Education Project: The All-Ukrainian Network of Olympic Education SchoolsThe Olympic Academy of Ukraine shows us how it’s done: the dissemination and integration of Olympic values in the national education system. With the project “The All-Ukrainian Network of Olympic… Read more: Winner of the EOA Flame Award Olympic Education Project: The All-Ukrainian Network of Olympic Education Schools
- Uniting Youth for Peace through Olympic Values in UkraineDespite the ongoing Russian aggression on the territory of Ukraine, the Ukrainian Olympic Academy remains an active participant in the international Olympic Movement. As in previous years, the Olympic Day… Read more: Uniting Youth for Peace through Olympic Values in Ukraine
- Art and education for the glory of the Ukrainian Olympic movement Despite the feats that Ukrainian citizens perform every day in the face of war, they still have the strength and energy to address the Olympic values and great heritage of… Read more: Art and education for the glory of the Ukrainian Olympic movement