|Name of Academy||Olympic Committee of Israel|
הוועד האולימפי בישראל
|Name of President||Yael ARAD|
|Contact Person||Yarden HAR LEV|
|Year of accession to EOA||2018 (founding member)|
|Social media links|
Projects of the Academy
The Olympic Committee of Israel implements the following education programs to introduce Olympic values and physical activity into a cultural and educational framework throughout the country:
1. Olympic Values Education Program (OVEP): The program includes 5 sessions in schools throughout the year: The Olympic Games: from ancient Greece to modern history, symbols and slogans; Blue and white moments: Israeli winners of medals, prominent athletes and the Munich Massacre; The Olympic values and the Paralympic values; A visit in “The Olympic Experience” (an audiovisual tour at the Visitors’ Center of the Israel Olympic Committee) and a meeting with Israeli Olympic athletes; Top event – organizing the Olympic Day at school, as a part of the International Olympic day in June.
2. Champions Class Program: A program based on a personal connection between the students and Olympians, which allows students to undergo an educational process in the Olympic spirit. The program includes 4 sessions throughout the year, accompanied by a retired athlete: A visit at “The Olympic Experience” including a meeting with retired Olympic athlete; Lessons guided by the same athlete at the school classroom (based on the Olympism values); OTD activity/training from the athlete’s field of specialization.
3. Olympic Classroom: A program based on matching Olympians / Paralympian with classrooms for an entire school year of scaled mentorship – communicating through pre-recorded video lessons. Lessons focus on values associated with Olympism.
Historical Overview of the NOC of Israel
The Olympic Committee of Israel is the umbrella organization for all Olympic sports in Israel and is recognized by the International Olympic Committee as the National Olympic Committee of the State of Israel. The organization was established in 1933 as the Eretz Yisrael Olympic Committee and one year later was recognized by the International Olympic Committee. Reestablished in 1951, Israel was officially recognized by the International Olympic Committee in 1952, which also marked the first year an Israeli delegation participated in the Olympic Games that took place in Helsinki.
Latest News of the Academy
- IOC President Bach signed the Gender Equality Charter of the NOC of IsraelFrom a commitment to promote gender equality in sport and a sense of responsibility for shaping the image of sport in Israel, the Charter for Gender Equality of the Olympic …
IOC President Bach signed the Gender Equality Charter of the NOC of Israel Read More »
- NOC of Israel strives to realize the vision of full gender equality in sportsThe 2nd International Conference on Gender Equality in Sport, initiated and led by the Olympic Committee of Israel in partnership with key stakeholders such as Ministry of Culture and Sports, …
NOC of Israel strives to realize the vision of full gender equality in sports Read More »
- A busy start to the year for Olympism in IsraelAs the supreme body of Israeli Sport, the Olympic Committee of Israel plays a vital role in advancing gender equality, promoting performance excellence for women in Israeli sport, and the adaptation of programs and processes aimed at narrowing the gender gap in Israeli sports. To achieve this goal, we have worked tirelessly to pro-actively build a multi-year strategic program for 2020-2024.
- Over 70,000 watch on social media as Israel celebrates Olympic DayThe International Olympic Day is regularly celebrated in Israel and it presents an excellent opportunity for the public to delve into Olympic themes and experience the Olympic spirit. In this …
Over 70,000 watch on social media as Israel celebrates Olympic Day Read More »
- Invitation to the Olympic Day WebinarThe Olympic Committee of Israel together with the Academic College at Wingate in Israel will host the 6th International Congress of Exercise and Sport Sciences. The virtual event features an …