|Name of Academy||Czech Olympic Academy (COA)|
Česká olympijská akademie
|Name of President||Alexandr KLIMENT|
|Contact Person||Alexandr KLIMENT|
|Foundation date||30 April 1987|
|Year of accession to EOA||2018 (founding member)|
|Social media links||N/A|
Projects of the Academy
- In 2020, a publication entitled The Rebirth of the Olympic Games was published, which for the first time in Czech deals extensively with the origins of the modern Olympic movement and Athens 1896.
- In 2020, IOC OVEP manuals were translated into Czech.
- In autumn 2020, The Olympic Century exhibition took place in Prague and Liberec.
- In co-operation with the National Museum and the Military History Institute, a magnificent exhibition of Olympic Tokyo 1940–1964–2020 was opened in Prague at the National Museum in May 2021. It focuses mainly on the three Tokyo Games – the ones that did not take place in 1940, the ones that were held in 1964 and the Games of the XXXII Olympiad that were (for the first time in history) postponed and that took place in the summer of 2021. The exhibition was open for 5 months and the exhibition also included accompanying events (guided tours, press conferences atc.).
- Furthermore, the Czech Olympic Academy, in co-operation with the European Olympic Academies, initiated and prepared the online gallery Golden Memories https://www.golden-memories.gallery/ – a photo memory of Tokyo 1964. 12 European countries participated in this project.
- In 2021, the Czech Olympic Academy published two more books. First Antwerp 1920: for the first time at the Olympic Games under the Czechoslovak flag and then an exceptional and comprehensive Encyclopedia of Olympians, which summarizes all Czech and Czechoslovak participation from 1900 to 2018. This book was created under the direction of ISOH member František Kolář.
- The Czech Olympic Academy also assists the Czech Olympic Committee in projects focusing on Olympic education such as educational zones for children and youth at Olympic festivals in Prague and Brno or, for example, the educational game „Prague and Brno #olympijsky“.
- The Czech Olympic Academy is managing the project revitalization of the Olympic Study and Information Center of the Czech Olympic Committee.
Latest News of the Academy
- Japanese kimonos and gold medals displayed as Czech Olympic Committee unveils Tokyo exhibitionA unique exhibition that includes Japanese kimonos and original Olympic gold medals from the 1964 Summer Games are featured in a new display unveiled by the Czech Olympic Committee. Named …
- Golden Memories of Tokyo 1964 brought to life in digitised photosWith less than a month to go before the opening of the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in Tokyo, the European Olympic Academies (EOA) launch the exhibition “Golden Memories – …
- Online exhibition planned “Golden Memories – Tokyo 1964”The Games of the XVIII Olympiad, or simply Tokyo 1964, entered history as the first Olympic Games with intercontinental television broadcast. Incredible moments were witnessed by millions of people across …