|Name of Academy||Belarusian Olympic Academy (BOA)|
Белорусская олимпийская академия
|Name of President||Irina GUSLISTOVA|
|Contact Person||Ekaterina GARUSOVA (Leading Specialist)|
|Foundation date||15 December 1992|
|Year of accession to EOA||2020|
|Social media links|
Meet our members – An interview series by the EOA
Speaking from the striking Belarus NOC headquarters in Minsk (pictured), Belarusian Olympic Academy (BOA) staff members Natalia Aponchuk and Ekaterina Garusova joined us via video call in November 2021 to take the EOA behind the scenes of their organisation. The NOA of Belarus was founded in 1992 as a result of the development of sport organisations following the founding of the Republic of Belarus in 1991. The BOA is registered as an independent, public, non-profit organisation and became an EOA member in 2021.
Led by the current Chair, Irina Guslistova, the Belarusian NOA has two employees who work alongside an executive board comprising eleven voluntary members from the sport and education sectors. The Chair is elected every four years by NOA members at an annual conference. The current Chair also serves as Dean of the Belarusian University for Physical Culture, highlighting a close cooperation between the university and NOA on academic events such as conferences and student forums.
The BOA, which neighbours the Belarusian State University of Physical Culture, is largely funded by the NOC of Belarus, which also offers advice, technical support and facilities to the organisation. Olympic education projects in Belarus can be grouped into three categories including educational projects aimed at all educational levels, regional resource centres and academic and scientific research activities. The NOA of Belarus also sends representatives to the IOA youth program sessions annually and has recently entered a candidate for the Master’s program.
Our discussion informs us that Russian is the working language of the BOA which is an enabling factor for successful cooperation with other East European countries. Partnership agreements with other NOAs are in progress, with collaboration most active with NOAs in neighbouring countries, specifically Baltic and CIS-states, such as an online camp for children which was hosted with participation from the South Russian Olympic Academy and the NOA of Ukraine. The Belarusian NOA demonstrates how membership of the EOA serves as a chance to create and foster new partnerships in Europe.
Projects of the Academy
Scientific and educational activities
- Annual scientific and practical conferences
- Student Olympic Forum
Annual celebration of Olympic Day and various sports celebrations
Projects for educational institutions
- International Art-project “Olympic Art-gallery” (for children of all ages)
- Republican Olympic lesson (for pupils of 1st-4th, 5th-8th and 9th-11th classes)
- Olympic Education Marathon (for pre-school institutions)
- Methodical online center – educational Olympic hub, containing Olympic library; methodological guidance papers for educational institutions of all levels from pre-school to higher education; an opportunity for teachers to share their original guidance papers; online and offline seminars.
History of the Academy
Activities for the development of Olympic education in the Republic of Belarus have been carried out under the auspices of the National Olympic Committee of the Republic of Belarus since 1991. The Belarusian Olympic Academy received the official status of a Public Organization on December 15, 1992. In 2001 at the Forum of National Olympic Academies held in Olympia (Greece) Belarusian Olympic Academy was officially recognized by the Olympic community.
Latest News of the Academy
- Olympic Forum for bachelor and master students in November 2021The Belarusian Olympic Academy together with the NOC of Belarus and the Belarusian State University of Physical Culture is organizing a forum called “Olympic Movement, Student Sports, Communications and Education”. …
Olympic Forum for bachelor and master students in November 2021 Read More »
- Belarusian NOA contributed to national festival of culture and sport “Vytoki”The Belarusian Olympic Academy co-organized the festival Vytoki, which took place across Belarus with the final celebration in the capital Minsk. The festival covered an extensive cultural and educational programme …
Belarusian NOA contributed to national festival of culture and sport “Vytoki” Read More »
- Belarus celebrates Olympic victories of the past with exciting new exhibitionAs the countdown to Tokyo 2020 continues, Belarus celebrated glorious sporting victories of its past with the grand opening of an exciting new Olympic exhibition. Named “On the way to …
Belarus celebrates Olympic victories of the past with exciting new exhibition Read More »
- Belarus: Marathon of Olympic EducationThe Belarusian Olympic Academy has launched a new educational project for preschool institutions, the “Marathon of Olympic Education”. The project for teachers, children (3-6 years old) and their parents started …
- Belarusian Olympic Academy hosts Conference on Olympic Education“Olympic Education in the System of Intercultural Interaction” is the name of a Conference to be held on 21 April 2021 in Minsk, Belarus. The event will take place within …
Belarusian Olympic Academy hosts Conference on Olympic Education Read More »