The European Olympic Academies is currently collaborating with the German Sport University Cologne on the EMPLOYS Erasmus+ project. The initiative explores employment relations of athletes in Olympic sports and the final aim is to provide policy recommendations to sport governing bodies, national legislators, and the European Union to improve good governance in athletes’ employment relations in Europe.
After three successful conferences held in Cologne, Lisbon, and Liverpool, the EMPLOYS team is delighted to announce the fourth conference, which will be taking place on May 13th, 2022, in the beautiful Croatian coastal city of Rijeka. Interim results of the research will be presented and discussed amongst various international, European, and national sporting figures.
The conference promises high-level experts in the panels and exciting discussions around a highly relevant topic in the Olympic Movement.
Confirmed speakers so far:
- Blanka Vlašić (EOC Athletes’ Commission)
- Zoran Primorac (ITTF Athletes’ Commission & Croatian Olympians Club)
- Kaveh Mehrabi (IOC Athletes’ Department)
- Caradh O’Donovan (Global Athlete)
- Raša Sraka Vuković & Petra Robnik (Slovenian NOC Athletes’ Commission & Athletes Career Center)
- Walter Palmer (Independent)
- Biserka Vrbek (Croatian Olympic Committee)
- Krešimir Šamija (Croatian Ministry of Tourism and Sport)
- Miloš Milenković (Serbian Olympic Committee)
- Borut Kolarič (Slovenian Olympic Committee)
We gladly invite all NOAs, NOCs and others interested in the topic of employment relations of Olympic athletes to join us in the audience. Further details about the project can be found under the following link: EMPLOYS website. Should you have any questions about the project or upcoming conference, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.